Up until recently, CCTV cameras were featured only in posh neighborhoods and large businesses. But today, more and more properties invest in CCTV systems. And there is always a good reason for the increased growth in closed-circuit television systems demand. The truth is that such systems are excellent thief deterrents. Due to the high demand, there is also a great variety of options, ranging from simple analog and HD systems to IP cameras.
What CCTV cameras do?
What CCTV security systems do is common sense nowadays. Connected to one single monitor or multiple ones, they allow you to check the perimeter of your property. That depends on CCTV installation. In other words, where you install cameras. They can monitor the property’s exterior but also interior. They record footage, turn, and zoon-in and out. High tech IP cameras are the most advanced ones. They enable you to monitor your property via your smartphone.
Which are the benefits of CCTV systems?
- The combination of good locks and security cameras installation can prevent burglaries. That’s the main reason why many people invest in such systems. Just the presence of cameras drive potential burglars away. Don’t forget that only a few of them are ready to face such systems. Most of them are opportunists and would prefer to target properties with no security systems.
- Since home and commercial CCTV systems can reduce the possibility of intrusions, insurance costs go down.
- Should there is an attempted intrusion, such systems would record any activity. And such footage can be used as evidence in a court of law. Of course, intruders often come prepared. They cover their heads so that their faces won’t show on camera. But since cameras can capture and keep any criminal activity, it’s a way to see the event and prove that actually took place.
- With a variety of security cameras on the market, you can actually install them in any place. Sometimes, exterior cameras are not the only ones used. If you want to monitor a babysitter or employees at work, hidden interior cameras will help you do so.
Hidden CCTV security cameras though have their opponents. Some people would object to the Big Brother feeling, especially when at work. They feel their boss doesn’t trust them or don’t like being watched at all times.
All the same, hidden cameras in the office enable you to check the productivity of employees and keep in record any illegal actions.
• Another good reason for installing cameras is that they can be connected to access control systems. You can install a telephone entry system along with cameras. This way, you have an image & voice when visitors knock on your door. Such a combination is one of the best security measures because it enables you to provide or deny access to visitors.
Get security cameras but also durable locks
In order to get the best of CCTV cameras, it’s best to get advanced products with high resolution. And don’t forget that cameras should be installed out of people’s reach for the avoidance of vandalism. Remember that the security of your property depends on all security systems you install. So invest in durable high security locks too. There is no point having high end cameras and poor quality locks. Both together can prevent crime.